Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I guess its not enough
semed posted:
It just doesn't end. As if people don't have enough to worry about. I really need to stop reading the news. It is so depressing, and when you're already depressed you're only setting yourself up for a fall. I'm a worry wart. I fear for the future of my family, friends, and country. We are heading for another war. And there will be another later on. Is there even going to be a world left for my grandchildren? Or is America going to stick its nose in and eventually destroy the world?

I'm just venting! Yet I worry! Can't seem to get a handle on the depression I have and I'm getting worse cuz the world is going to hell in a hand basket. I've been up all night in pain and meds for depression and pain aren't working. I guess I should forget about the world's problems and work on my own.

Yet I worry!

buchacat responded:
at least you have family and friends. I don't.

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
Semed,

Sorry to hear about your health issues, especially combinded with being depressed. I know your just venting, but yes they are the world's problems and our countries problems...but they are not our personal problems. Im sure, you didnt do anything to effect what happened in Syria, Egypt, Bengazi, Iraq, Afghanistan...etal. And yes, stop watching the news, they focus on everything that is wrong and not a peep when someone does something great and if they do, its only a very brief piece.

My point is; control, what you can control. Your family, friends, health, etc. In all reality the world is going to be here for many more billions of years, long after we are dead and gone, no matter how much crap we do to the environment. We all have enough stress in our life as it is, we dont need to add to it, by worrying about what our "government" is doing. Because whatever it is and whomever is in office, odds are they are up to no good.

If the meds are working, you should probably talk to your doctor and see if they need to switch the meds or increase the dosage. Depending on how long have you been on the anti-depressents, your body could get used to them.

"Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff"

IC

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.