Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Abilify Withdrawal
Loreal65 posted:
Hello,

Has anyone had any problems withdrawing from Abilify? I was on 5 mg. and have been off of it for about a week. My psychiatrist says it can take a couple weeks for the brain/body to adjust.

It is hard to describe but I just feel "off." I am dealing with dizziness and low motivation, anxiety, and feeling overwhelmed.

Actually, I don't understand how the psychiatrist didn't have me taper from it. Maybe I should find someone else.

heatherfeather9360 responded:
Hi, are you feeling any better? I had the same nightmare with Abilify. It took me the same amount of time that I took it for it to wear off, which was 7 days. It will get better, I promise. I'm sorry you're going though this.

Loreal65 replied to heatherfeather9360's response:
Hi,

I started taking it again but at half the dose. This was 5 days ago and I'm feeling feeling almost normal. The dizziness is all but gone.

I'm going to ask my psychiatrist to safely wean me off this drug.

It really was a nightmare! I was getting worse as time went on.

I'm glad you are doing better. Did you wean off it and if so, how did you do it?

thank you for your concern,

Laurie

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.