Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Desperate for help
Alissian posted:
I need a place to come and vent and share that is not monitored by everybody like facebook!! I am suffering from depression/anxiety, in recovery from alcohol and drug addition, and have chronic pain from osteo arthritis. Plus I have no ins and no money lol. I am looking for support, acceptance, resources, love, kindness. I don't need anymore guilt, criticism, or judgment:( I try and help others as it helps me but getting desperate here and really really really need some outlet and support!!! Thanks.

kbriann responded:
I am so sorry your going through this. I don't know if your a christian, but Jesus does love you and will wash away all your sins if you accept him as lord and savior and repent about your sins. The fruit of the spirit is love, kindness, joy, peace, gentleness, and faithfulness. I won't judge you, in fact I can say that I love you because of what Jesus has done in my life. Please don't ever give up. I will be praying for you! You are a wonderful person!

rohvannyn responded:
Welcome. You have found that place here. I completely hear you regarding Facebook, all the drama is one of the reasons why I quit that, and I don't like being monitored any more than you do. If you ever feel the need to vent but want to be totally private about it, you can also post here anonymously.

I totally respect your efforts in recovery. That can be really hard, and it's even harder without a support network. If you don't mind some pseudo religion, the 12 step programs are free and can at least get you some support and companionship. There are also other support groups out there, online and offline, that might meed your needs better.

Till then, it's good to have you and you can come here when you need to.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
102 of 140 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.