Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Dr. Scwartz and most psychiatrists act like drug salesman and not scientists
Anon_11404 posted:
I have never read one criticism of psychiatry from Dr. Schwartz. All he does is promote drugs yet psychiatry's success rate is very low and it is higher now then it probably ever has been. If you think of the atrocities that have occurred in psychiatry from beatings to frontal lobotomies, the profession would be much better off if psychiatrists openly criticized their profession in order to make it better and act more like scientists than drug salesman. Also, they should be skeptical of what drug salesman tell them yet they are very gullible.

itmatsb responded:
You reference the past, but what are you talking about currently? There is a huge success rate with anti-depressants helping depression. Yes, therapy is also promoted by psychiatrists. If you know what other treatments are better than drugs and therapy for depression and other mental illnesses, why don't you enlighten us? Your vague criticisms don't amount to anything concrete.

Anon_11404 replied to itmatsb's response:
What long-term study are you referring to that shows a huge success rate?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.