Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I Need Help Badly Help
SoulNHealing posted:
Please answer my post because Iam at a lost of hope,and Iam sinking about to lose my mind I feel my struggle with the fear of death has stole my mind&broken me.Ad Ive been dealing with this since I was 14years old,and when I think about the years I have lost I want to break down&cry how do I overcome this.Ready to quit my job got cigs on my mind,someone please help because I feel like Iam loseing a fight here&trying my best to stay happy&peaceful. Help. Any input will be grateful for,and night time is the most worse time ever again help.

Take the Poll

Do you deal with this?
  • Do You Have This Fear
  • Fear
vote
View Poll Results

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
How old are you now? What is it that you fear most about dying? We all have things we are afraid of, but fear is something that protects us from harm. If you are afraid of death, you have a phobia...and your not alone. Many people have a phobia towards death, but at the end of the day it is something that we are all going to have to deal with at some point or another in our lives. I am very sorry that you are going thru this struggle, but hang in there. Do you see a therapist or have anyone you can talk to so you can vent? And dont be afraid to break down and cry, when you do that, your dealing with those emotions and letting them out. Having a good cry, can actually be a very healthy thing. I have a very tough time with over coming my past and living in it, sounds like you do to. We cannot regret what we cannot change...the past is over and done with. From first hand experience i know this is much easier said than done, but the only thing we can change is the present and our future. Unless you have a flux-capaciter...

Best of luck!

IC

mspanther642000 responded:
I know how you feel. I have about lost my mind also. I have always been helping out others, and not myself. I had thoughts of suicide and i have thought about just walking away from everything. sometimes what you need is a true friend to talk to. I was always there giving and doing for others, not for myself. It may be a losing battle, but when you get with the right people, then you wil feel a whole lot better than you are now. Don't be afraid to ask for help. it is only a handshake away from insanity. I have been there since a young age too, and right now , I feel as if i am at the end of my rope and about to let go. You got a friend here. my e-mail address is: mspanther642000@yahoo.com . you can hit me up anytime you want to. I will talk to you and try to keep your spirits up, as you will do the same for me too. Don't let it get you that down. You are too important to yourself and others. Don't let it beat you, you beat it.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.