Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    Mother with depression and anxiety
    Terri1959 posted:
    My mother has suffered with depression and anxiety for years and its about to wear me out. I am so sick of her saying that she is stressed. Everything stresses her and it is causing family issues. I ask her to go to lunch and she can't cause she is stressed. I try to get together for family functions and she can't because she is stressed. She and my Dad take a lot of medicines and she is stressed because she can't keep all the medications straight. Mom is stressed trying to keep up with all her bills so she throws them in a basket and puts them under the bed. She is stressed by having company. When I offer help she doesn't take it and then texts me all her stress issues. I am just so frustrated...
    An_253945 responded:
    feel you, what you need to do is tell your mother how you are feeling, not this feircely, much gentler. You need to tell her that it is making YOU stressed and it isnt fair, however, your mother is obviously not coping, and it might be time to take matters into your own hands, help her and tell her that if she want to get better this is the way, that if she is not doing anything about it, you will, she may need a carer, my thoughts are that if things dont go well for the above, then it is an idea to consult a doctor (hers or yours) he may be able to give you better hint and tips, maybe even a care home is needed (i am guessing you sre in your thirties here) sorry for the irrelavant information if not but i wish you all the best anyway x
    Terri1959 replied to An_253945's response:
    Thank you for the feed back. Mom has been admitted to a facility to help her cope with life several times as recent as spring of 2012. She is on anti depressants and is taking anti anxiety medication (Zanex) She goes to the Dr. often because she has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux and so on. I don't want to be insensitive to all her ailments but sometimes I get so frustrated.... and when I have had enough of trying to help then I say things that I regret later...on my lunch break I took her a card and stuck it in her mailbox and told her that I wish things could be better for her and I love her and then I texted her and told her to look in her mailbox.... she never called, texted or anything to even acknowledge she got the card and those are the types of things I do and it always expected but never appreciated... If I could afford it I would just hire someone to take care of her and Dad in their home because they will not go to an assisted living facility...

    Helpful Tips

    iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.