Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I need answers!
izzy1000 posted:
hello there,
im not going to tell you my life story but over the course of 4 years i have suffered alot of trauma including my mum dying when i was 1, she also was an alchohalic however she did not die resulting in this but from a car accident.
4 years on and i am feeling extremely low, i often feel like a want to die, i am extremely clingy toward people my friends mostly, and fantasize alot about thing that i know will never happen, i self harm and have scince i was 11, i do go to counselling but i often feel it isnt doing anything and im not getting answers,
also, i often go into hysterics if i dont get my own way about something or if something goes wrong, even if it as simple as my parents saying i cant go out, im worried that it is depression but im not sure, no one seems to be telling me if i have or not and it is worrying me that nothings is wrong at all and that im bringing it all on myself.
I would like to know if anyone with depression can relate to me or if anyone can consult me on what to do/ what i might be dealing with?
izzy1000 responded:
sorry there is a typo here- my mum died when i was 10
momuv4girls responded:
Have you ever had an evaluation by a Psychiatrist before?
If not, then I suggest that be a starting point.

Take care!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.