17 years of depression
wiccacelt79 posted:
I have been suffering for depression most of life. I was diagnosed at 17 and I am 34 now. I have been to theraphy and been on meds. I have been in a relationship for 8 years but depression is the cause of a lot of things gone wrong. I struggle every day and just want to not have to struggle with depression. within the last year i have moved to another state and have been lonely. i do not have friends and it seems like any friends i had in life ended up turning against me. i am tired of theraphy and meds but not sure what else to do. there have been times where i thought about suicide and i attempted it once.
I don't know where to go.

itmatsb responded:
I would not give up trying.

I was depressed for 25 years and then was helped by light treatment even though I was depressed year round. It took at full month to finally take effect. Then when I hit menopause the light didn't work, but a newer anti-depressant helped. Then through severe life circumstances, I was practically suicidal. I was absolutely amazed that just increasing the anti-depressant completely took away my depression.

Keep trying any new anti-depressants as well as combinations of medications. I hope that you have seen a good psychiatrist, instead of just a regular doctor. And what about ECT? It's not the nightmare that it used to be. Wouldn't it be worth it to have a happier life? Only you can answer that after looking into it. I sincerely wish you the best. Being depressed is not a good way to live.

yadavdashi responded:
hi dear,
don't give up....when you find your sorrow at highest degree just think of people who are fighting for their life on bed whole life or a poor struggling for food.we are far better and now the time has come which only will show our strength not weakness.when you will think i am fine as god is with me you will feel good .always early in morning think i am the powerful soul not this body .and soul never dies dear.....
darshna