Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

17 years of depression
wiccacelt79 posted:
I have been suffering for depression most of life. I was diagnosed at 17 and I am 34 now. I have been to theraphy and been on meds. I have been in a relationship for 8 years but depression is the cause of a lot of things gone wrong. I struggle every day and just want to not have to struggle with depression. within the last year i have moved to another state and have been lonely. i do not have friends and it seems like any friends i had in life ended up turning against me. i am tired of theraphy and meds but not sure what else to do. there have been times where i thought about suicide and i attempted it once.
I don't know where to go.

itmatsb responded:
I would not give up trying.

I was depressed for 25 years and then was helped by light treatment even though I was depressed year round. It took at full month to finally take effect. Then when I hit menopause the light didn't work, but a newer anti-depressant helped. Then through severe life circumstances, I was practically suicidal. I was absolutely amazed that just increasing the anti-depressant completely took away my depression.

Keep trying any new anti-depressants as well as combinations of medications. I hope that you have seen a good psychiatrist, instead of just a regular doctor. And what about ECT? It's not the nightmare that it used to be. Wouldn't it be worth it to have a happier life? Only you can answer that after looking into it. I sincerely wish you the best. Being depressed is not a good way to live.

yadavdashi responded:
hi dear,
don't give up....when you find your sorrow at highest degree just think of people who are fighting for their life on bed whole life or a poor struggling for food.we are far better and now the time has come which only will show our strength not weakness.when you will think i am fine as god is with me you will feel good .always early in morning think i am the powerful soul not this body .and soul never dies dear.....
darshna

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.