Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Anger
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Do you think anger is part of depression. I have veen severely depressed and also have been angry at the world. My husband notices my anger. He asks why I'm angry and I only get more angrier, I'm just not happy and I want to be happy.
BB

joanatmunson responded:
I had depressed and extreme anger. I threw my engagement ring away, I'd get so angry I'd pack up my stuff, and I'd forget what I was mad about and that would make me worse.
It turned out I had bipolar disorder. A lot of people think of it as crazy intense and happy or really sad, but your mania can also be extreme irritability.
Check in with a doctor-trust me

jim531 responded:
Irritability and anger/angry outbursts are definitely part of depression. When depressed, I don't feel like talking and would rather be left alone. If my girlfriend tries to help, I usually snap back or get angry and then feel guilty afterwards.

snflwr responded:
Yes, anger is a big part of depression. Sometimes I get angry thinking the energy of anger can push me out of the depths of despair but other times it just fuels more anger. It is very frustrating to have others ask why. Sometimes the feelings are out of proportion but they are also related to justified emotion. I am angry to have a disorder of the brain that I cannot control. I get angry that my world gets hijacked by the depression. It's a very uncomfortable feeling.

beautifulbuffalo replied to jim531's response:
Jim, I feel the same way. when I'm depressed I just want to be left alone. If I want comforting I'll ask. But this anger deal is new to me and I have been dealing with depression for a long time. I hate feeling this way but don't know what to do to feel better. Sometimes I just don't want to exist. I'm on so many medications now I don't know what else they could do. I see my therapist tomorrow again. I wish I could cry but I can't and never have been able to as I keep everything in to myself.
It doesn't help that I'm also suffering severe knee pain, I just don't know what to do.
BB

beautifulbuffalo replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I'm still suffering depression and lonelyness. My therapist uped my serequel. She said it will help my mood. It hasn't yet but I only started it yesterday. What I worry about is gaining weight with it. It made me gain 80 lbs when I was taking 600mg a day so we knocked it down to not taking it at all but put me back on it and I'm taking 150mg. I'm so depressed that I don't want to do anything in the house as I have no energy. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I just want to disappear.
BB

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.