Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Seeing what's not there to see
bluemoonwolf321 posted:
I would l;ike to have a discussion about something that is happening to me that is very hard to explain, but I am going to tr9y anyways Approximately 3 weeks ago it started without any warning. I am seeing kittens, and I mean a lot of them. It is mostly at night but occasionally in the daytime as well. When I goto bed, there are approximately 30 in different forms of growth from maybe just the head or maybe a leg or two. They never appear that they are agressive in any way. When I reach out to touch them some show signs of fear and just dissolve back to nothingness, others allow me to touch them in a very soft and gentle way, and when I do, the part that I touch feels liker leather and I guess that it softens up when the animal completes its { creating }. At this time I should mention that I also see small puppies on different nights than cats> never do I see both cats and pups at the same time. This problem of seeing things either are not there and I am hallucinating, or it is a supernatural event. I do not have a clue and I am hoping that one of the readers maybe has an idea that I can try. Thanks everyone for reading this post, Bob

rohvannyn responded:
It sounds a bit more like a neurological issue to me than a possible supernatural event. I've seen ghost cats, but they are shadowy and insubstatial. The most sensation I ever get is warmth beside me on the bed if one is lying next to me.

This is certainly more pleasant than seeing snakes or bugs, but it is known that someone people see things that aren't there. It sounds like your experiences feel real and solid, which is why I think it could be something neurological. People can get phantom smells and sounds that feel very, very real. It doesn't mean they are crazy or anything like that, but you might want to discuss this with a doctor to make sure you didn't have a small stroke or a tumor.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.