Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

No motivation to work
grunesgryphon posted:
Title says most of it, but not all.
As I said in a slightly unrelated discussion, I'm struggling with my dream school a lot mostly because I can't get anything done until I'm panicking because it's due the next class.
Pattern goes like this:
-get homework
-forget about it for a while
-pull it out on the night I should be doing it
-stare
-stare
-feel increasingly disconnected from senses
-stare
-don't do it
Meanwhile, I'm trying my absolute hardest to work up the willpower to do it, but I don't even have the willpower to do that. I only function (shower, eat, go to bed, wake up, get in car) because I am obliged to by my grandparents. I am at the point of congratulating myself for responding to a question. I cannot function at all.
I don't care what happens in the long term, I just need to not fail school.
What am I supposed to do.

lynnemc responded:
i'm really sorry youre going through this right now. i know what you mean. it takes all of your energy just to get out of bed and get dressed. people call you lazy. it's much more than that. from my experience i recommend getting help and possibly starting some medication. it's taken me some time to find the one that works for me, but i am so glad i have it. i have more energy and motivation to do things. good luck.

siababe1 responded:
OMG what is wrong with me I can never finish anything not even a complete thought.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.