Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

never good enough
An_254137 posted:
often never feel good enough for anyone, i take rejection really hard, and i feel like noone wants me because of all the difficult things i've been through.

An_254137 responded:
also, i'm still really hung up on my ex, been 2 months, we barely talk yet i still justify my irrational thinking that we'll get back together soon. has anyone else seen a common pattern of irrationality in themselves?? Cuz mine is awful.

mysticalchic replied to An_254137's response:
it sounds like there is some depression there. some good counseling and a good anti-depressant might help you out. you need to talk out your issues and receive good guidance on how to overcome them and not let them control you. you should control them. good luck.

itmatsb responded:
It would be hard on most of us to have a partner break up on us. I agree with the person above who has suggested therapy and possibly an anti-depressant. Your thinking that you are never good enough for anyone sounds like depression. Get the help that you would benefit from.

annetteevonne replied to An_254137's response:
You are not irrational. Many of us who have gone through break-ups go through this. I realize knowing this doesn't make it any easier. As you probably already know, this process of getting over someone takes time. I have often felt some of these things you are discussing. I have thought, though, that the people I have broken up with--I didn't give them too much thought. And I often thought I wasn't good enough-- no one would ever want to be involved with me. It wasn't really true, though. There were times I ended things too. I see that others are giving good suggestions. It's good that you are discussing your feelings. Often I didn't, and that kept me from getting over the person as quickly as I could have. You don't feel strong right now, but discussing these feelings are good, I think. That shows strength to me. I wish you luck.

jim531 responded:
These are clear symptoms of low self esteem. You don't feel worthy enough for anybody to want you. When I was younger I was terrified to ask a girl out because I was so afraid of being rejected and then I'd feel even worse about myself. I would try talking to a therapist or counselor that deals with self esteem issues. They can give you pointers on building your self esteem as well as helping you correct irrational thinking patterns. Good luck!!!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.