Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

NEED HELP
    whyme86 posted:
    I am sitting in a hotel room just separated from my wife and in severe pain from chronic neck and back pain and stopped my pain meds because I wanted them out of my system. I went to detox last week to get off it because I am a recovering addict and am still going through withdrawls with continuous leg pain and nobody would help me. I don't want to go on and am contemplating ending it all. It would feel so much better,no pain, no worries. Ah.

itmatsb responded:
    Most of us with severe pain are "addicted" so to speak with our pain medications. That is not to say that you should abuse taking your pain meds. Why did you stop taking the pain meds altogether? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. What is the point of you not wanting to be treated? You are severely depressed from your wife leaving you. You greatly need to see a doctor and be treated with anti-depressants. Things can get much better for you in the future. Take care.

Helpful Tips

iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.