Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Includes Expert Content
SO DEPRESSED!
An_254373 posted:
I have suffered with depression all my life. No medication seems to help. So lonely - no friends. I hate everyday and hope I won't be on this earth much longer.

windinmysails responded:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

This is the rawest and truest discription of what you may be feeling

nickybank responded:
YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!..EVEN THOUGH I CAN IMAGINE HOW BAD YOU MUST FEEL! BEC AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER MORE PEOPLE THAN YOU THINK HAVE TRIED TO DEAL WITH SOME FORM OF DEPRESSION..I DON'T IF YOU READ MY LAST THREAD,BUT I HAVE HELPFUL VIDEOS THATS MAY HELP TODAY..I'LL PUT THE LINK BELOW SO CAN WATCH THE VIDEOS..I HOPE YOU WATCH THESE VIDEOS AND HOPE THEY HELP YOU!!

http://92b4alophq1t935mxmwz3z0ycg.hop.clickbank.net/

beautifulbuffalo replied to nickybank's response:
Nicky when I go to your video it comes up in spanish,

windinmysails I understand what your going through. Only thing is I've been on medicaion for 18 years and what I have works for me except I've been suffering depression symptoms again. They have been going on for 5 weeks now. I'm so stressed out that I myself don't want to go down this path again. There's alot my husband puts up with and it's time to stop it.
BB

Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
Agree- don;t give up. There are 9 classes of antidepressants, maybe 40 in total drugs and I have yet to meet someone who has tried them all. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right chemistry. There are also several types of therapy and counseling- same story gotta find the right one. To me, the brain is like a lot of switches- you have to find the right meds or therapy that flips the switches to an undepressed way of functioning. Wish we had a brain scanner, but we do not. So- have to try quite a few options sometimes..

caretakerpat responded:
I am so sorry that you feel this way. Do you have any interests that you can get your mind involved in? The more I read or knit or watch movies, for example, the better I feel. There are many times when I hope I don't live a long life either. But I would never take my own life and I have to find ways to keep going. I sincerely hope you do too.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.