Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Support Buddy?
goodthoughts posted:
Hi,I'm new too, just looking for someone I can connect to and bounce of of.

I'm down to earth, retired/disabled now and trying to cope with getting things done and not having the energy or ambition to do all of the things I want to do!!

I'm not a drama queen, I'm getting in touch with taking care of myself and feeling worthy of it.

I know what I should do and don't, I want to, but don't. I lay in bed at night thinking of all the things I want to do and in the morning when I finally get up, close to noon, I get online while having my coffee, take care of the cat and dogs, but then facebook and following all the links to things I want to follow up on.

Yep, then the day is gone and hopefully I have made myself do something. Once I get going I get carried away and end up over done. Lol... then I have to recover.

Oh well

jasharie responded:
Hi, I am new to this too!

beautifulbuffalo responded:
Hi Support Buddy,

I'm 50 and also on disability retired. It was hard for me at my age to become disabled. I have all the free time in the world now but don't want to go anyplace. I feel guilty if I go someplace or do anything.

I'm just the opposite about bed. I take seroguel to sleep at night otherwise I wouldn't sleep at all. So I'm in bed at 8-9 and up at 6-7.

I have no hobbies and have no friends,.
BB

optoboy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I'm new to this but say your post for needed support. I too would like to talk it out with someone who can understand my issue and even recommend solutions. So let's give it a try.

I'm a 66 year old male in good health with a devoted wife and two grown children. I am retired and have numerous hobbies one of which is building furniture that I could expand into a significant business if I wanted to. All in all I appear to have a near perfect life. But it's what lies beneath the surface that invisible but hurts.

In summary, I cannot forget a long lost love. We split up in college and I haven't seen her since. We're talking nearly 50 years ago. Every time I hear music from that era or my friends mention some event back then I nearly breakdown in tears. And get this, I learned she died of breast cancer six and half years ago! Knowing I can never see her again has me contemplating ending it all just to relieve the loneliness and pain in my heart. I miss her so much it is impossible to describe. I can't discuss this with my wife of course so I am at wits end. This time of year is always harder to cope. I'm afraid I may be losing it.

I'm ready to listen.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.