Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

in love? and confused
semed posted:
I was just texting my ex-husband about he felt about something I wrote in facebook. My ex Joe thinks our son is making the same mistakes he did. My son is making his own and they are different. Very different. He is standing by his ex wife who is a pathologic liar, mentally unstable, hooker at times, hates my daughter for absolutely no reason we can think of, is always in pain and looking for drugs cuz drs wont prescribe any. But now above all else we find out she has cancer in her last ovary. i feel bad for her, i even feel sorry for her. Yet after she leaves the man she left my son for they get back together. Jeez oh pete she makes me angry. I'm depressed cuz he won't listen to the truth and is still with her.

Then I talked to Joe and realized, my son is going after what he wants and I truly believe they love one another. He isn't doing anything more than I have always wanted to do. I want my love back in my life, even if he's just my friend. Is it so bad to feel the depression you've felt for 30 years could be based on something so simple. I feel almost like its too late to be friends, but my love for him has never died, and it never will. I just have to keep it to myself.

I cried more for him in critical condition than I did when my 2nd husband died. Its a really screwy world we live in and I feel like I'm screwing it up more. Only cuz when I get emotional it upsets my daughter. I can't even tell her what I've said in here. She'd really be pissed, I'd cry more, then feel guilty and more depressed for upsetting her.

If anyone can help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.