Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

New and need help
xenamakoto posted:
Hello,
I'm new here and not even sure where to start. I know I have a lot of issues and have been depressed for a long time. This is what I do know.
I have no job and no money and working is basically my life
My boyfriend/roomate wants to kick me out of our apartment because of me being depressed and not contributing to the relationship
I have extreme low self esteem issues
I have many feelings of lonliness, worthlessness and overall sadness.
I have no motivation to even begin to start figuring out these problems.
If anyone has any ideas to get started I'd really appreciate it
Thank You

sbk95 responded:
A very good Hello,,,keep on saying,,, you re being listened !!!

rohvannyn responded:
Hi there, it's good to have you here. I've been where you are and it's hard. I think if you can't find work right now (and I know a lot of folks are having trouble with that) at least try to volunteer somewhere a few hours a week. It will give you a sense of self worth, something to do, and get you out of the house for a while. I know I go stir crazy if I stay around home too long.

Take a few minutes every day and think about what you want your life to be, and at least one little thing you can do help yourself get there. Make it easy at first and celebrate each success.

I wish the best for you!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.