Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Unknown World
dwashvp posted:
I knew the holidays were going to be rough. The day before Christmas was the worse. Now two days after I feel a little better, but I'm still not where I need to be. I have created an empty world. I'm afraid to let anyone in. No judgements are better, but now I feel isolated. It feels like no one wants to talk to me or be in my presence. I wonder what part I played in this. I want a bff. No one wants the job. I don't know what to do.

An_254877 responded:
Hi, I know what you are going through, I have the same tendency to drive people away. I'm very demanding, this is my mistake. My solution for now is not to ask people for much and most important to try and make several friends because otherwise I put too much of a burden on one person's shoulders and nobody is up to such a task. We are all flawed human beings, and cannot always answer to all our friends' expectations. I would also like to try some yoga, I have already tried meditation and it seems to work just fine, I can recommand Deepak Chopra and Eddie Stern. I think we imagine most of the time that nobody wants to talk to us and by doing this, we create some sort of negative field that the others feel subconsciously and reject, We look for happy people and instinctively run away from those who are always sad. It's in our nature. If we could be more relaxed, the others would come to us naturally. But it's easier said than done. It takes time and practise. But look, here on this forum, you receive answers to your message - so you can make friends in real life too.

1972_jones_707 responded:
I also feel alone and would love to have a bff. I dont habe anyone to talk to and my boyfriend knows that im depressed but doesnt care to even understand what I go through. I have a 3 year old whom I adore but I never have time for myself... I work come home take care of my boy and clean/cook then do the same thing all over again. I am feeling so trapped and tired of being so tired! Its crazy.

abail03 replied to 1972_jones_707's response:
I have a similar routine, work full time, take care of 3 kids with my husband who also works full time. same routine every day and it DOES get old. Do you have anyone that can sit with your son for a couple of hours one day so you can just get out of the routine for a little bit? Even just stopping somewhere for a coffee and read a couple pages from a book. If you are looking for friendship, you might join a yoga group or a zumba class. Some of them have child care and you will meet people there. or join a book club. or a bible study. just some thoughts.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.