Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Trigger- do i really feel this way?
feathers135 posted:
Sorry this is a little long, i'm not sure if this could be a trigger so i thought i should be safe.lately i have been feeling really awful and the last couple of weeks i have been fanastizing about killing myself. I think of a bunch of different ways that i would do it and all the different things that i would say if i left a note. I even started to write a few. About a month a go a really was really upset and i got out a knife and held it to my wrist and thought about killing myself and how it would look if i dead in the kitchen and what would happen if my family walked in. I have no desire to do anything. I don't even want to watch movies or talk to my friends anymore. It's weird because i have been dying to tell someone i know how i feel but i can't find it in me to say something. like thats too hard too. I feel like crying a lot.
The problem is, i don't know if i really feel this way or if i've just read so many articles about suicide and depression that now i'm just copying? Does anyone else ever feel like?
And if so how do i know that i really am depressed and not just acting that way.

rohvannyn responded:
You have some good questions, there, and I'm glad you are asking them. You could just be processing through what you have seen and thinking about it, "trying the idea out" in a sort of way to see how it fits. It sounds like the idea of suicide didn't fit because you are still here. I'm glad! You still have a future and don't have to start from scratch. You have a family that loves you and that's great too.

It sounds like suicide wouldn't seem so nice if your life was better. Well, I can tell you it's a lot easier to make your life better then start over from the beginning. Yes, it sounds like you are depressed... but is it from stress? Worry? Fear? Social pressure? Something you can't even name? This is a hard time to live through.

Why not start by writing your feelings down here? We will listen, and we won't judge, and no one will know who you are so you can be honest. Thank you for being considerate in the way you posted. I can tell you are an intelligent, thoughtful person. The world is cruel to that kind of person, but trust me, we need all we can get.

I am here for you.

feathers135 replied to rohvannyn's response:
thank you

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

need some help here
Does anyone knows anything about "chronic cortisol efficiency" , one of my cousin has it. I would like to know more about this. Feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.