Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression relapse
An_254979 posted:
I've been on medication for years for depression and all has gone well until about 2 weeks ago. I don't know what happened. I have continued taking my meds, so don't know what made this happen. Started feeling like crap again. Called my doctor, started exercising, eating better, continuing my meds. But still feel awful. I know it takes time, but I wonder why this is happening.

kimsp responded:
This has happened to me a number of times over the years. I then try to switch the medication. Maybe it is a tolerance of some sort?

kamlhj responded:
Same here, but mine stopped working well about three years ago. Been through three therapists since then but all told me not to change, so I continue to deteriorate.

sweetpe48 responded:
If you are using generic med the manufacturer may have changed. It took me 3 different generics to find one that works like the brand, Generics are ALL different,

seniorkenneth responded:
I am not a doctor. But I have a suggestion: do you know your B-12 level? If it is low consider B-12 shots or taking B-12 orally, after consulting with your GP. Your GP can set you up with the right B-12 tests. This is one aspect you might look at.

havetolearntoaccept responded:
Almost 40 years on every depression med avail. Fibromyalgia in 2009 made depression much worse. Psychiatrist best there is and last three years no meds help like the old days (Elavil, Paxil). He and therapist spend allot of time just helping me cope. Please be patient. There will be a med/combo that will eventually work. Try another psychiatrist if necessary. Our bodies are so complicated. My FMS is driving my depression and that is an autoimmune issue not easily, if ever, corrected. My point here is work on trying to be peaceful until you get the right meds. Sometimes that is the best you can do at certain times

stellagonzalez responded:
I would say go for counselling, take your meds and do your medication side-by-side as directed by your doctor. Since counselling helps to recover fast.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.