Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Includes Expert Content
Depressed and tired
An_255026 posted:
I am so tired of feeling like this. I can't even explain it, can't put my feelings into words anymore. I am tired of pretending I'm ok. I smile and say things are great but inside I'm falling apart. I don't want to do anything anymore, lie here in a ball is all I can do. I just don't know what to do. I feel weak and alone. I can't even talk to anyone right now.

stellagonzalez responded:
Hi don't get disheartened, you are not alone. Just see it properly you will find your close one's, well wishers, family and friends nearby you.Try to explore yourself, be a part of your family explain them what you are going through it. I am sure they will understand you, or else you can share with me also. Sometimes it's been easy to share with an stranger rather than with your close one's.

Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
Agreed. on a professional level perhaps book an appointment with your general doctor for an initial assessment for depression and from there you can have options of getting therapy or possibly taking a medication, or both. Both are good treatments and either coul dmake you feel and function better

lostpuppy responded:
I feel your pain. I live it too, but I feel so lost in life. I lost my motivation and drive. Life seems pointless most days. It really is painful to exist. I walk around like a lost and confused misfit. There's gotta be a way out..

truckerwidow1 responded:
I know how you feel. I have lost all motivation and try to think of reasons to keep living. But I keep going on day to day and try to stay as sane as I can with no one to talk to and no one to listen.

An_255026 replied to Thomas L Schwartz, MD's response:
thank you for responding. I have been on antidepressants for a very long time. I have been seeing a therapist, I didn't like the one I had so I made an appointment with a different one. That appointment was supposed to be this past tuesday however it had to be rescheduled because she wasn't going to be in the office that day. I'm doing everything I can to hold it together. The panic attacks are becoming more frequent and I am exhausted.

An_255209 replied to An_255026's response:
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I have been there many times, and it is exhausting. It feels like it's never going to get better and when it does, you're sure it's just temporary. But it will get better. Hang in there. Know there are many, many people who are going through the same thing, who know what it feels like. I know it feels like doing anything right now is overwhelming, but keep trying new therapists until you find someone who helps. It took me a long time to find the right therapist, but once I did, things got much, much better for me. How do you know it's the right therapist? You'll feel safe with that person and you'll feel understood. I'm so impressed you found the energy and courage to post here when you're feeling so bad. Please keep coming back and posting or elsewhere as many times as you need to until you're feeling better.

undefined responded:
Have you tried CBT? If yes, what is your
experience. I read that CBT is more
effective than medication.

sukizetta responded:
Sounds to me like you need a psychiatric evaluation so you can get properly diagnosed. Medication will help, but sometimes you may have to try several different meds to find the right combination that will work for you. Try finding a private psychiatrist as I have not been too impressed with mental health clinics.
I also highly suggest you get a good therapist. It really does help & make a world of difference in your life. I like to call it "An investment in myself"
Good luck & you are in my thoughts & prayers....

bluephoenix24 responded:
I live with chronic depression. I feel that way often. I give in to it more than I would like to admit. One thing that has worked for me is to make myself get out of the house once a day. I make it a short trip like to the grocery store, the pharmacy or the library. I do it even if that means leaving an item out of one trip to the store so I have to go back to get it another day. If you're not being treated by a doctor please seek help. If you are then please be seen for changes to be made. You can feel better. You may need something to kick start the process. You don't have to do it all alone. Keep coming back here for support if you need it or just to vent if you need to. There are plenty of people here that have been where you are and will understand.

autumn_oakland2010 responded:
Hello,

I am in your shoes but I can't let my loved one down; therefore, I have to do something to get back on my feet. I know it is very hard to do some exercises when you are depressed. I go to the gym but so tired to exercise. I instead walk back and forth in the pool for 10 laps then use the steam room. On my way home, I said thank you to God for helping me get some good feeling back. I am a type of person enjoying beaches, water, swimming. Gradually I gain more confident than before. Now I really go back to the gym to exercise even though only 30 to 45 minutes.

I hope you find something that is easy for you to do to get your mind off unpleasant things.

mymichelina replied to autumn_oakland2010's response:
Thank you for your reply, I am glad you have found a way to help yourself feel better. I guess it is just a day to day process, not looking behind to see all you have lost, trying to look ahead. I just went through major withdrawl symptoms from one of the medications I had been on for years. I had run out and while in withdrawls did not know that is what was happening. I thought I was dying and was having panic attacks! I began taking it again last night and already feel much better.

Just a warning to never stop a prescription medication without instructions from your doctor! I learned a very valuable lesson. I never thought it would happen to me.

Take Care!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.