Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Help
whyme86 posted:
What is the least painful way to commit suicide? Just wondering.

jdaniel10 responded:
Why, do you want to kill yourself or something? Maybe you should re-think that if you do because you obviously care about yourself if you don't want to hurt yourself.

Seek help, suicide helps no one.

rohvannyn responded:
There are no painless ways to commit suicide. There are ways that will not cause physical pain to the person who kills themself, but any suicide will cause great pain and suffering to everyone that hears of it. Their family, friends, even just the coroner who pronounces the hour of death. If you are thinking about this, remember that your life, even if it doesn't seem like it right now, is a gift. If you feel the need to come here and talk, please do. I will respond and others here will too. Sometimes it just helps to get things off your chest and know that someone cares.

whyme86 replied to rohvannyn's response:
I have my questions answered, thanks for your reply.

whyme86 replied to jdaniel10's response:
I answered my own question online- thanks for your reply.

rohvannyn replied to whyme86's response:
You are welcome. I'm glad you found the information you were looking for and just sincerely hope it was curiosity. If it was simple curiosity, remember that you aren't going to get specific how tos for this sort of thing on a depression board. Folks are going to be thinking of your well being and wanting the best for you

NOBODY CARES FOR ME

If nobody at all cares for you, I can imagine that would be pretty disheartening and upsetting. Everybody wants to be loved, or at least liked. If you want to vent about it here, that's what this community is for. You are welcome to be here.

I Lost my career, my marriage, my health- I think that's a good enough reason- even living with my 75 yo mother and I may have to go on disability. For a man who cant even support himself that's a good enough reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mara80 replied to whyme86's response:
I'm sorry that you've lost so much, including hope. I agree with rohvannyn though, that suicide will end up affecting others outside of yourself. I wish that I had some additional insight to provide you with. I do hope that life in general does something good and that you take a different path.

whyme86 replied to mara80's response:
I don't give a rat's a** How other people feel- they were with me when things were good and now that I falling on hard times, where are they. "oh, I will pray for you." they say. They don't even want to be around me now.

Maybe the selfish route is the best way then... though I don't think so. I can totally relate. "I will pray for you" usually means either "I can't be bothered to help," to me. While it's hard sometimes to be around someone who is depressed, people in general really need to learn to have some compassion and see another perspective once in a while. I'm not aiming that at you, I'm aiming that at people who refuse to help you when you are so obviously hurting.

The hell with it I'm DONE.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.