Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Moving Forward
An_255192 posted:
My worlds collided on Sunday. The gentle voice could not control the "evil" voice. On the brink of destroying the best relationship i've ever had. Went to the doctor and was prescribed Paxil - had a bout of this many years ago and this worked last time. Spent most of yesterday reading about depression and feel like I should have taken care of this a year ago. A YEAR AGO! Can't believe i have felt so bad for so long. Guessing this has been going on for 2 years. [br>[br>Not sure why i'm writing on a website to total strangers. Feel as though it may validate my feelings. A need for understanding.

rohvannyn responded:
That moment of realization sure is bittersweet, isn't it? It's wonderful that there is a solution, but there really is a mourning for all that lost time. I have that a lot too. What I tell myself is "at least I didn't discover it a year from now. Time to move on and make the best of all the time I have left!"

tennoba replied to rohvannyn's response:
So true - Now is better than later. Thank you for the response.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.