Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

New, Not sure if this is the right place. Marriage struggling with depression
An_255285 posted:
My wife and I have been married for 2 years, and we have a 1 year old child. I went into the military and basic training about a year ago as well.

Now I just can't help question everything, I always ask her do you love me, do you want to be with me, even though I already know she does I just push her away. I Went to the hospital because she took our daughter away because I was having one of my moods and was getting very angry. I get anger episodes by the way for no reason it seems like.

Well, when I went to the hospital they said it could be I have depression and what not but also that I have reoccurring memories of being verbally abused and I'm just reacting them every time my wife and I fight.

I want to make things better but it's hard to control it most of the time, it feels like I bottle everything up because I have nobody else to talk to, but I have a counseling appointment this Friday and so hopefully with that I'll get better.

I was just wondering if there's any other ways and resources to help dealing with depression and bi-polar disorder. Such as chat rooms, forums, hotlines, etc. Thanks.

rohvannyn responded:
HI there, and welcome. Yes, there are online groups, chat rooms, forums, etc. There are also online resources to help with this kind of thing. I think the military even has support groups available but I'm not sure of the details. Thank you for reaching out instead of continuing to suffer alone.

Even if if you can't find someone to talk to right away, it's really helpful to start a diary or journal. Even if you tear up each page after you write it, it's really good to get more in touch with what you are truly feeling and why, as well as vent in a safe direction. Meditation can also help, and so can exercise. I wish you the best. You are welcome to come here and talk too.

Don't forget to check out the resources section, there may be something helpful there!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.