Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Am I crazy?
    An_255311 posted:
    I have suffered depression in the past and was taking Effexor. I slowly went off of that and was fine for 6 years. About 2 years ago my depression slapped me in the face out of no where. I started taking 20mg of celexa but after a couple of months, I wasn't feeling any better. My doctor doubled my dosage. I have been on 40mg of this for a year now but still don't feel like me. I still analyze every little thing and within the past month I am having "horrible/unnatural" thoughts. I go to my husband for everything but, I just don't know how to make my brain stop focusing on bad things. Does anyone else go through this?

jacksplat responded:
    You need to go back to your psychiatrist. It may be that you need to try another SSRI or add Wellbutrin to the mix. You should try and journal what is racing through your mind. I have personally suffered through depression. I was on medication for a while, was weaned off by my doctor only to have it come back worse than before. I have learned to accept that I will need to be on Zoloft for life and I am ok with that. I feel like me, not zombie, but me.
    Good luck and don't loose hope!

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
    my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.