Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Am I crazy?
An_255311 posted:
I have suffered depression in the past and was taking Effexor. I slowly went off of that and was fine for 6 years. About 2 years ago my depression slapped me in the face out of no where. I started taking 20mg of celexa but after a couple of months, I wasn't feeling any better. My doctor doubled my dosage. I have been on 40mg of this for a year now but still don't feel like me. I still analyze every little thing and within the past month I am having "horrible/unnatural" thoughts. I go to my husband for everything but, I just don't know how to make my brain stop focusing on bad things. Does anyone else go through this?

jacksplat responded:
You need to go back to your psychiatrist. It may be that you need to try another SSRI or add Wellbutrin to the mix. You should try and journal what is racing through your mind. I have personally suffered through depression. I was on medication for a while, was weaned off by my doctor only to have it come back worse than before. I have learned to accept that I will need to be on Zoloft for life and I am ok with that. I feel like me, not zombie, but me.
Good luck and don't loose hope!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.