Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Have no one to help
magbama10 posted:
Abouth 2 mo ago my son quit talking or helping me .he did help with with getting gro in house taking me to dr going to drug store.he is a bad drinker ever day but still keeps his job .he has been so mean to me with words Iam 69 years old and in bad health beside the depression I don't know what to do I treid to talk to him all he said was I want nothing to do with you I do not drink or take drugs only what dr gives me .ineed to talk to some one thanks

rohvannyn responded:
Hi there, welcome to the community! We can definitely be a listening "ear" for you if you need to talk. It sounds like your son is not only unhelpful but actually harmful for you to be near. I'm not sure how easy it is to find them in your area, but you might want to check out social services in your area, because sometimes you can get someone to come in a couple times a week to help get groceries in, or at least rides to the doctor. Check with your public transit agencey too, if you have one nearby. Sometimes they can help.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

What has helped me with my depression
I have always struggled with depression. After trying meds and therapy I have to say that I have finally found something that helps. This ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.