Skip to content


    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    masquerade posted:
    I can completely relate to the feeling of being drained while dealing with a depressed husband. I feel like I have no one to talk to about this and I'm tired of looking for things I can do to help him. I know how depression works and that there is nothing I can do for him. I do, however, continue to feel isolated and lonely. I miss the man I fell in love with. I have a hard time relating to him now. He recently began some medication so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for him. I'm thinking of seeking out a support group for people whose spouses deal with depression, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Any thoughts? Can anyone relate?
    marie8848 responded:
    I have suffered w/ depression & have had to care for loved one w/ depression. If I were in your position, I would seek support in form of counseling for yourself if possible and/or look for a group even if your husband's medication works. Isolation and feelings of loneliness are understandable, but obviously not healthy. Depression still not easy to talk about for many, but find people who understand and who you can turn to when friends and family don't feel they can listen, or help, or understand anymore. I'm new here, but having read quite a few postings, I feel this is a very good & safe place to bring your concerns.

    Featuring Experts

    Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

    Helpful Tips

    Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
    Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 41 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.