Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Includes Expert Content
when to go to dr
An_255561 posted:
I was diagnosed with mild clinical depression a year ago due to life circumstances. I have been on meds and take them regularly. I feel like I am spiraling down more and need my meds increased. I don't want ot do it on my own. how do you when to call the dr and goo in vs get through it.
Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
I suggest you call your doctor and go in. It is there job to discuss with you where you are at, the level of symptoms and help you to decide if you need more meds or to tough it out. If you are getting worse, you may need a bigger dose. If it is from life stress, maybe you need weekly psychotherapy and not more of a dose... again- these are the type of decisions your doc can help you with. go see your doc

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.