Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I miss feeling...anything
sketchy92 posted:
I dont know why, but I feel so empty. So unfeeling. I'm 21 years old and I suffer from depression. Depression is suffering. I swear yesterday I was 17 and in high school. One blink and 4 years are gone. completely gone. I just want to remember that time. Be that person again. I have the usually mommy issues and divorced parents syndrome. But i honestly dont care about that anymore. i just dont care anymore. i feel like my life is a meaningless existence and im wasting space in the world. I ruined my 5 year relationship with the most amazing person because i was too wrapped up in myself. I cant help it. I just want life to go back

momuv4girls responded:
There is great cause for hope - you can feel better.

I urge you to talk to your Mom or Dad and ask for help.

You can make an appt with regular Dr. then ask about a psychiatrist.

There are wonderful in-person support groups too. Here are some links to explore for local groups you can attend for free.
http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=peer_support_group_locator

OR
https://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=your_local_nami

Take care!!!!
-Kathleen

rohvannyn replied to momuv4girls's response:
There definitely is hope. Don't let the past that has already gone by get you down too much, because the more you do that the more time you are still wasting in feeling terrible. The ONLY way to get through this is to focus on the present and look toward the future. Get whatever help you need to do that, try every way you can, or else you will just be four more years older, still sad, and still regretting everything.

Take it from someone who's been through it. And I sincerely wish you the best.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.