Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression
An_256961 posted:
After leaving an abusive relationship 4 years ago, I still suffer the emotional and verbal scars and have been diagnosed with Clinical Depression. I have seen many doctors, Phyciatrists and have taken Mood management Group. I still feel just as depressed. I am on medication and over the course of these years have taken different types of meds. My depression is still with me and I feel hopeless that I will ever feel HAPPY again. I just want to feel Joy in my heart and to love again. I miss ME and I am so tired of feeling this way everyday. I take joy in nothing I do and I just hide away from the world most of the time and Im just exhausted with my head always spinning and thinking..I would just love for it to stop..I just want peace and happiness in my life...Please advise if you can offfer any suggestions...

beautifulbuffalo responded:
I still have the emotional scars after 43 years of abuse. You need to find a psychiatrist that you like and can talk openly with and talk about the abuse and after a few years you will feel better and be able to move on. But you have to accept it first. But you will always have the abuse in your mind all your life but you can feel better and get over it by talking about it. I still suffer depression, anxiety and PTSD. I've been taking medicine for 15 years and always will but I'm able to live my life now after talking to my therapist weekly for 10 years. Good luck.
BB

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.