Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    An_256961 posted:
    After leaving an abusive relationship 4 years ago, I still suffer the emotional and verbal scars and have been diagnosed with Clinical Depression. I have seen many doctors, Phyciatrists and have taken Mood management Group. I still feel just as depressed. I am on medication and over the course of these years have taken different types of meds. My depression is still with me and I feel hopeless that I will ever feel HAPPY again. I just want to feel Joy in my heart and to love again. I miss ME and I am so tired of feeling this way everyday. I take joy in nothing I do and I just hide away from the world most of the time and Im just exhausted with my head always spinning and thinking..I would just love for it to stop..I just want peace and happiness in my life...Please advise if you can offfer any suggestions...
    beautifulbuffalo responded:
    I still have the emotional scars after 43 years of abuse. You need to find a psychiatrist that you like and can talk openly with and talk about the abuse and after a few years you will feel better and be able to move on. But you have to accept it first. But you will always have the abuse in your mind all your life but you can feel better and get over it by talking about it. I still suffer depression, anxiety and PTSD. I've been taking medicine for 15 years and always will but I'm able to live my life now after talking to my therapist weekly for 10 years. Good luck.

    Helpful Tips

    iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.