Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Don't know what to do
An_257461 posted:
I am so depressed and am unable to get out of it. Just need someone to talk to and I don't feel like I have anybody.

imbbanks14 responded:
Hi. I am new to this. I feel blue on a regular basis and I don't know why. There are things I can do that helps but most of the things I do seem to be temporary and then the blues come back. I too do not have anyone to speak openly to. I feel like I am criticized for the struggle so I have just stopped talking. I am unemployed at the moment and my relationships are very strained. I feel guilty for how I feel and where I am in life. My blues have lasted for over 5 years. during that time I got married went through 2 different jobs cut ties to all friendships and now I am 20 pounds heavier, avoid my reflection in the mirror and found that my husband is in some level of depression. I really don't know what to do. love to have some one on my side of the fence to talk to.

bekelh replied to imbbanks14's response:
I know how you feel. A lot of what you say sounds similar to me. It takes a lot for me to write much here. I am so exhausted.

An_257461 responded:
My husband of 25 years just told me that I need to snap out of it. Ha! Great support system.

bekelh replied to imbbanks14's response:
How are you today? I am feeling a little better. I have been depressed off and on my whole life, but I have been in a major depression for the past five years. I feel weak and I feel stuck. Like there's no way out. I try to talk to my husband but he is so tired of me and we just end up getting mad at each other. So that's not really an option. The only other person I have who is understanding is a lady here at work. I don't want to bother her though so I try to hide my feelings and pretend like everything is ok. I think a lot of people look at me and think I'm ok when I'm really dying inside.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.