Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I need someone...
madyrachel posted:
I'm 14 & my boyfriend is 18. Yes, I know that sounds bad, & I know everyone is going to say "you're too young to know what live is" but you know what? Age has nothing do with love. I love this boy with all my heart, I really do. I've been walked all over & treated terribly my entire life, & I've cut & been depressed, wanted to die & everything in between. But he sees past that and loves me for who I am, not how I used to be. My mum knows he's 18 & can drive, and she was fine with it, up until we officially got together. Then she told me I lied to her & never told her his age or that he could drive. She said to us both that we couldn't see/talk to each other. Yes, I know my mum is just trying to protect me, but I feel that there is a fine lie between protecting me & taking away the one good thing in my life. Yes, I know I have a lot to be thankful for; a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food on my plate, etc., - but all of my life, I've never really felt like I had someone who understood me. That is, until he came along. He understands me, he helps me, he's there for me & he makes me happier than you would't believe. I really don't want to lose him. I wish my mom would just see that I love him, & her telling me that she doesn't want us together isn't just going to make my feelings for him go away. & I also wish she would just realize that taking away the one person that I need is just pushing me to becoming who I used to be. I used to be a depressed girl who cut and felt like suicide was the only way out. But he changed me for the better & made me realize that things can & do get better if you just put your best foot forward and find someone who loves you & cares about you & understands. My entire life, I've been looking for someone like him, & now that I've found him, he's being taken away from me by the one person who should want me to be happy more than anything. & like I said, yes, I know my mum is probably just trying to protect me, but taking away what I need is't protecting me, it's making me feel worse.
Also, I don't understand why she won't let me be with him. He's never had sex, ever drank, never smoked cigarettes or done drugs. He's got great grades & he's going to be going to Penn State. He's super respectful & he wouldn't hurt me, & if he did, I know he would take the consequences for it. I wouldn't ever care if she would only let me see him if it was under her supervision or in her house. Honestly, I wouldn't. I don't care, we have nothing to hide. I just don't want to lose him & I wish she could see that I love this both with all my heart & soul. I've never felt this way for anyone in my entire life. Sure, him & I may not last, but what if we do? We'll never get the chance to find out if she does this..

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.