Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Is there an end to this depression tunnel? Not seeing the light...
slindman posted:
I have been diagnosed for ten years. I struggle with the fact that it has been ten years with many meds, docs, hospital visits, and therapy groups. I open the cupboard to take my meds and seeing my five bottles makes me sick. I feel like meds are keeping me alive and it feels crappy. Do you ever just want to feel like everyone else? Ten years and a handful of pills is just depressing in itself. I see my docs regularly and play an active role in my therapy. My list of diagnosis itself is bad, I feel like I walk around with the word depression on my forehead. Bummed out.

h14ope responded:
Hello Slindman,
I am having one of my really bad days and decided to seek out others who suffer from depression and co-occurring disorders. I have suffered from this illness my entire life and my family doesn't understand at all. They believe its all in my control or that there is something I should be doing to help myself overcome this.
Your question, "Do you ever just want to feel like everyone else," really struck me because I have found myself asking why that is so much to ask and why its so out of reach. I see happy people and am envious.
Anyway, I understand what you're going through if that helps at all. I know that it helps me to some degree. I wish you the best and offer my strength as some days aren't as bad as others.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.