Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

suicidal behavior...silent requests
An_257681 posted:
When is enough is enough? I have realized it is the best for "loved ones"

Take the Poll

Enough is enough eventually...when is that?
  • ASAP
  • what do you consider desperate?
vote
View Poll Results

sw3tflower responded:
That's a difficult question as everyone's different. Many times I have felt I reached the end. Life's not worth living. My emotional pain is so unbearable it's physical. I see no future and I am so alone.
That's when I say "One more day" Hold on one more day.
Nothing prepared me for PTSD. That's the day I died. The person I was, died, and the shell of my body lived. I am no longer the same person I was before. I act totally different, always afraid, I hide, my thinking is different, things I loved to do I don't care about anymore. I LOVED to celebrate Xmas and decorated and had all the family over for Xmas dinner. I feel nothing at Xmas anymore. I am confused, can't make decisions, I get lost, overwhelmed.
But I still say "One more day. Give it one more day"

rohvannyn replied to sw3tflower's response:
I think the time to be most concerned would be when sadness turns to complete apathy. If someone is sad, they are at least still feeling. When I have been closest to suicide, it wasn't when I was sad, it was when I could no longer see the point to anything at all. I couldn't change because I just didn't care. How to make someone care? Sometimes a shock helps, sometimes logic, sometimes it's a mystery how to help.

sw3tflower replied to rohvannyn's response:
You are right on. Apathy, being unable to feel sadness, anger, hurt, any emotions at all. That is the state I was in after the event that I say ended my life. I felt nothing after the shock wore off. I saw no future, just a black hole. I didn't even know who I was or where I had gone. Just empty, a nothingness that I called an empty shell.
I guess my mind said enough is enough.
Total apathy is definitely a big red flag.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.