Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    depression in young adult son
    An_257712 posted:
    Our son refuses to take medication but is extremely depressed due to not being employed and having very few friends. He has almost given up on life and even refuses to brush his teeth or bathe. He just does not care. What is a parent to do as he is over 21?
    momuv4girls responded:
    I highly urge you to look into your local NAMI for support and/or

    They offer support for you - and your son. I would start out going yourself and talk to others who understand and have been there who can give good advice.
    Here is a link to find local support:

    If your son has a therapist, you could also talk to the therapist about ideas and options.

    Take care, and I hope your son feels better soon!!

    Helpful Tips

    safe AD to take with tramadol.
    my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.