Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

really bad depression
singergirl15 posted:
I'm feeling worse and worse everyday. my depression is getting too serious for me to handle on my own but im not sure what to do. i feel hated, worthless, like everything i do is wrong and i dont deserve to be here or be a person. im a waste of space, a mistake. it's also getting scary. this is just a recent thing that happened, to give an example of what i've been dealing with. last night i saw some of my friends had had this long and pretty mean discussion about me behind my back ( this kind of thing has happened before) and for some reason, i couldnt take it, it was like the last straw. I started to shake uncontrollably all over, which freaked me out so then i began to cry and this didnt stop for about an hour. then i went to bed and i woke up still shaking in the morning. I just want to get away from all of this. I want to get out of here, get out of my body...thats what i've been feeling. i hate feeling this way. sometimes i feel as though i really want to get help but a lot of times i feel like I dont want any help, I just want everything to end. and i still can't shake the feeling of wanting to go away.

have all ths symptoms of serious clinical depression. I get way too angry about everything, im sad all the time, i either oversleep or dont sleep enough depending on the night, i have horrible pain everywhere in my body most of the time (and lots of headaches), i frequently feel sick, i lost interest in everything i loved to do, I feel worthless all the time, i cry constantly and it's beginning to become hard to control, i'm frequently staying away from people and secluded in my room.

I have suicidal thoughts a lot, which is kind of scary. I use to be well enough to be sure that I could never do anything but now im not sure anymore. Im feeling less strong and in control and im not sure what i might do anymore.

what should i do?

Blizard91 responded:
Hi singergirl15,

I'm so sorry you have gone through all of that, its not right. I know what your saying, I've had similar things happen to me and going through the suicidal thoughts now. But your not hated or worthless.

If need be, before you do lose control, call a crisis line or go to the hospital, they can help you. There's people here who have done that. Have your thought about talking to your doctor about having symptoms of serious clinical depression? Or maybe talking to a therapist? Both of those can help.

Also talking here helps too if you want. Please take care of your-self though. I hope that helps.

-Ashley

rebel_chiq responded:
hello...please do try to get away from your thoughts of harming yourself...try not to go near things that will trigger you to harm yourself...pray that god give you strength...

praying for you...

rember2 responded:
Hi.......i too have felt all the same things you have said ,people can be very cruel, I think the good out weigh the bad ,why let a few get to you?...go to someone who loves you and tell them how you feel, there is help ,you are of value ,you are not worthless....please get help because you are worth it. ..........Lee

amailia responded:
Hi Singergirl115,

Welcome, I am glad that you have reached out to us. We are here to help you walk through your journey.

I am so sorry to hear about the pain and heartache you are experiencing.

I, too have clinical depression and unfortunately this does not go away on its own. You need intervention to help you get better.

Please, call the crisis line or go to Emergency to get yourself help.They understand your crisis and will help you. You may need some medications to balance the chemicals in your brain.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing; we are here for you.

Amailia

wofgang responded:
Hi, Sorry that you are feeling so bad. But you are not worthless its just the way you are feeling at moment. You didn't say if you are taking any medication, or if you have spoken with your doctor, if not that's the first thing you should do. I myself have major depression, and the bad thoughts, so I do no exactly how you are feeling, you loose your confidence, and try to lock yourself away, but really it only makes you feel worse. I try to go out nearly every day whether I feel like it or not, even if I am as miserable as hell. But writing on this site will help you through, the people are so very caring and helpful. I hope that you go to your doctors, and with the right meds it will put you back in good health.

Take care

Wolgang

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Singergirl, welcome. We're glad you're here and we hope we can help. But first of all, I think you need to be talking with a therapist or a doctor in addition to talking with us. Do you have either one you can call? If not, I urge you to call a crisis line and just talk these things over with someone who is trained to listen and to help. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Will you do that? And then please come back here and let us know how it goes. We want to continue hearing from you. You need to take care of yourself, so call, please. (((hugs))) Dorothea

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.