Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Frustrated!!!!!
gottagetitright posted:
I just wrote out this post and now it's gone.I'm a little P.O I don't think I can rewrite it because it won't be the way I wrote it the first time.I hate it when this happens.WHY DO THIS HAPPEN??

idontwant2live responded:
feel your pain. thats why before i compelete my post ...i copy all of it... then post it. just in case

"better safe than sorry" - got that from a jewish friend awhile back ago is highschool. ive kept it. inside my head for good reason.

gottagetitright replied to idontwant2live's response:
Thanks idontwant2live,

But I just try for the second time to post and again it gone.I'm too frustrated to do it again so I don't know.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Is it possible you accidentally clicked on the Cancel button, instead of Submit? Another member reported this problem and we've sent that issue on up the chain so perhaps this will be changed in the future, not have them so close together.

In the meantime, be very careful where you click.

I'm sorry you lost your posts and appreciate you continuing to try.

gottagetitright replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice,

You know that could have happen,with any thing is possible.But thanks for the tip and I'll try to remember that,to make sure I hit the right button.

gottagetitright responded:
That's it I'm "SURRENDERING" I can't do this any more.Nothing seems to come out right.I'm too flustered at this point.I haven't been this worked up in days,well I got to go.

susiemargaret replied to gottagetitright's response:
hello, GGR --

i'm having trouble with this new format also. one of the most frustrating things for me is that we no longer get a "preview" of our post before it goes onto the board. this means i don't get a second chance to proofread or edit and makes it all the more important, for me, anyway, to copy it somehow before i send it in; then at least if it disappears into a black hole in space, i can go back and try to repost it.

here is the easiest way to do this that i have found --
  • write your post,
  • put the cursor (the blinking thing) somewhere in the white space inside the box,
  • click on control/A, this highlights the whole post,
  • click on control/C, this copies the whole post,
  • then click on "submit."
if the post disappears, at least you can go back to a blank box, click control/V, and it will show up in the box again so that you don't have to rewrite it.

-- susie margaret

PS -- heh-heh -- now we'll have a little test of what i just said!

lukeperry replied to susiemargaret's response:
I agree with everything that's been written about this new format.
Luke

susiemargaret replied to susiemargaret's response:
hello again, all --

obviously i got the posting part right, but not the dots-to-make-a-list part right!

i'm starting a "messages-posts" discussion as a separate "exchange" (weird terminology, in my view!) under the "general" category.

NOTE -- first problem -- when you try to create an exchange, it looks like you get to choose several categories for indexing purposes, but -- alas! -- evidently not, because once you choose one category, you don't get to choose another one.

anyway, discussion to be continued.

NOTE -- second problem -- after i created this new exchange, i couldn't figure out how to get to it! here is the easiest way, i think -- (1) go to the "looking for an exchange?" page, http://exchanges.webmd.com/default.htm ? -- (2) click on G, for the "general" category -- (3) click on "messages-posts" -- (4) hope for the best.

if you don't want to do all that, try http://exchanges.webmd.com/messages-posts .

-- susie margaret

susiemargaret replied to lukeperry's response:
hey, luke --

check out my new exchange (see my second post in this thread, theoretically, somewhere below my original one)!

-- susie margaret

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
If you check out my profile you will see how I was able to use the dots to order my list.

How I did it:
  • I opened a Discussion blank
  • I wrote the first part that wasn't a list like normal in the blank
  • Then I clicked the 5th box (from the left) at the top of this new Discussion blank I was working on
  • It is after the strike-through letter "S" up there, and if you hover your mouse pointer over it, it says "Unordered List."
  • The moment I click "Unordered List" (5th box from the left), a list dot appears beneath my previously-entered text.
  • I put in my list text behind the dot, and when I was done with that item, I pressed "enter" for a new line and a new dot automatically popped up.
  • I kept doing that until I had all of the items I wanted in the list.
  • Then I hit "enter" twice in a row, to make the feature go away (no more dots).
If you want an ordered list:
  1. You do the same thing as above, but
  2. You click on the 6th box from the left called "Ordered List."
  3. It works just the same way as the "Unordered List,' but gives you numbers instead of dots.
Hope that helps!

Byroney

susiemargaret replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
hi, byroney --

but did you submit your draft?

my problem was that the list looked great in the draft -- where i did the same steps as you did -- but awful once i posted it for real (see my post above, the seventh one, for my actual results).

in that one, all of the steps for copying/saving a post before submitting it were supposed to be preceded by dots (starting with "write your post" and ending with "then click on 'submit' ").

-- susie margaret

Lost_Kitten13 responded:
grr...evertime i log back in a have to rewatch the things i want to conversation wise its getting annoying...i want the old format back!

gottagetitright replied to susiemargaret's response:
Ok what am I doing wrong here?.....I can't get a darn thing post here,can only reply to a post.I don't know what else to do,I follow the steps and always hit the submit button for sure.And I'm still getting the message(404 Error Page) so what now?

I feel like I going to lose here,too much anxiety going on.How do I handle this??

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to gottagetitright's response:
Hi Gottagetitright,

Be sure to click on the little Discussion link beneath the Post Your Own heading above to start your own discussion again.

And remember to breathe. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new system. Give yourself a few days or week to familiarize yourself with it. Learning a big change like this doesn't happen overnight and there's no test at the end of this to prove you know what you're doing. (((hugs)))

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.