Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Hate The New Set Up
lukeperry posted:
I'm sorry, but this new depression support board is a mess. You can't find people how might need help now, or what 20 people might be needing help, that you might have an answer for. It's very confusing!

Luke

Take the Poll

How does everyone else like this new way, on the depression board? What a big mess?

Luke
  • I have no idea what I'm suppose to even write here!
  • How do others like this new dep. board?
vote
View Poll Results

77elizabeth responded:
I so totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

gottagetitright replied to 77elizabeth's response:
I'm sorry for posting here.I had a few good days but I knew it wouldn't last.I had a really bad day and on top of that I can't seem to get what I want posted.

I keep getting this message(404 Error Page)''''....I'm beyond flustered with everything right now........How much is it going to take?????/

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
One thing that may help is, when you come here to the exchange, click on the Discussions link on the upper left sidebar. That will allow you to view the discussions in the same way they were displayed on the old boards.

We'll find our way together.

77elizabeth replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ok I click discussions in the upper left corner under exchange home. Under it is discussions and under that is tips. I still have the same format. It does not change back to the old way.

lukeperry replied to 77elizabeth's response:
The same for me as Elizabeth. I clicked discussion in the upper left, and it didn't change anything for me either. It brings me right back here.
Luke

egadwall replied to lukeperry's response:
Change isn't necessarily evil ... it's just ... change.

To be honest, I didn't like the change when this went to WebMD -- **grin** -- from the little, friendly group of people who were here when it was Sapient Health Network and 90% of interaction was in chat.

But WebMD has grown and thousands more are able to find help, and ... well ... we changed along with the board.

I'm no Pollyanna, by no means, but I have learned over the years that changes that seem awful at the moment of change (and seem insurmountable if that moment includes a bout of depression) generally are ok and can be lived with.

If the changes here are intended to support more people (and will) then the temporary inconvenience will be just that ... temporary and inconvenience, not permanent catastrophe.

Lost_Kitten13 responded:
the reason why so many of us is complaining is becuz the boards used to be so easy to get around an find your discussions that you saved to your favorites. Now its very hard to do so many things. The old layout was jus alot easier and thats that. We cant even find our favorites from the old layout which is a pain to go through pages and pages until you finally find a topic of your own but only see that its the wrong one...so frustrating....yes its a good thing that we have more doctors on the site now that can help us but grrr

is there a way we can find our favorites/saved convos from our old layout? D:

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to lukeperry's response:
It took me a while to realize the differences when viewing the discussions the default way or viewing via that Discussions index page. Doing the latter really does display as they used to be displayed. The decorating is a bit different but the function is the same.

Give it another try and stick with it.

I'm trying all sorts of things myself to figure out what works best for me too.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.