Lexapro
daga1123 posted:
Today i sthe 3rd day of this new med. still waiting for the affects to take place. Wishtheir was a quick fix to depression. Wish we didnt have to live ,have, hate and most importantly suffer from depression. I want tgo be normal without the negativity . mood swings and tthe junk I carry aroound with me everyday.
Has anyone had success with Lexapro?

Lost_Kitten13 responded:
sadly i have had no success with lexapro but then agian i dont member how strong the does is. Right now i am taking Sertraline 50mg (generic for ZOLOFT 50mg) an it works ok for me, althought i still get depressed to where i feel like crying...i might need a stronger dose though...

for you i would wait a few more days. after a week if you see no improvments i would try talking to your doctor about it. Did he ever say how long it would take for the Lexapro to work?

daga1123 replied to Lost_Kitten13's response:
I was told it would pick up where the zoloft ended. but as any i should be patient. I was on zoloft for a few years and i felt sad too while on it.
i hope it works out for both of us.

Lost_Kitten13 replied to daga1123's response:
yeah me too
this is actaully my 2nd time being on this depression med becuz before i lost everything medical wise in aug 09. the zoloft quit working becuz my body found ways around it...
well good luck to you

ria65 responded:
Even when taping down from one medication and then ramping up to another, it will take some time for new medication to work, especially if the old med wasn't working at all. Lexapro will take 3-4 weeks to really start working, but you may start to feel a little better after 1-2 weeks. It was a good med for me for at least 2 years, until I became tolerant of it. I then went to Cymbalta. Good Luck!

daga1123 replied to ria65's response:
Thanks so much for your responses it really does help. I guess though I didnt realize i could use a drug till it didnt work anymore. huh Is there any readings on this. when you outgrow your meds?

daga1123 replied to daga1123's response:
well its been almost a week since new meds Im feeling a little better. I still feel sad , tired, but not as intense. my anxeity thou still lingers. and it hits anywhere and for no reason, too many people, today it was just walking down the isle of our towns little store. not a soul in sight. It scares me because its all still too new to me.