Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Changing is hard
nanypat posted:
as most of you know, I have had to switch doctors after have the same one for 20+ years.It was a sudden change and I was having a difficult time moving on.I wasn't sure when he would be back so I just waited till I found out in Nov. that he resigned his license.Even then, which was about an 11 month span, I couldn't hook up with any doctor except some in difficult places to drive, and other things. I finally found a new one. He is gentle, kind and caring. I think this could work out given some time.

I wrote a letter to my last doctor and wasn't sure I should send it but I did. In his rep, he assured me that he still cared abouy me and was proud of me seeking out a new team.He also said he would offer any consults they may want in regard to my past treatment.
He also said that he would like to hear from me from time to time to see how life was going.
I was very pleased to have him say this . Of course I cried when I read it, but tears of relief that in some small way, he still wanted to be in my life. I am blessed.

kindnesshelps responded:
Oh it's wonderful that you are reconnected once more to someone you feel good about. It'd be really hard for me to switch docs too, having been with him since my 'breakdown' 15 years ago.

It sounds like your old doc helped you thru a lot of stuff, and I hope your new doc proves to be as gentle, kind and caring as your old one!

hope5794 responded:
I am very happy for you. Having to reconnect with a new doctor is hard. Hope u the best:)

onthejourney responded:
Hi, Nanypat. I notice you always have such comforting words of advice for others, so I want to offer you support. It's great you found a new Dr. and also that your old one still will keep contact with you. I know, change is so hard! The whole change thing, and how fast life goes by (or how fast the rest of the world goes by) is so hard for me, too. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression for about 10 months and have just made an appointment with a psychologist. I am hoping to find someone as good as your Dr.s to help me with some current issues and healing from the past, too. I think of writing all my issues on here as a form of therapy and to help with the confusion I feel, but don't know if I have the strength today. Take care.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.