Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

i think i need help
An_203268 posted:
I'm a teenager with more than the average teenage problems which include family matters. If you see me in the hallways or in class a smile is usually pasted on my face, but that's just it. It's a mask. I catch myself crying all the time out of nowhere and i nothing that i want turns out the way i want it to. i just feel that if i was in a car accident and died noboby would miss me. What's wrong with me?
I can't talk to anyone and i just keep shaking my head when my teachers catch me crying and ask if anything is wrong. Is there anybody out there? Can anyone hear my cry? please help

jselleck responded:
I hear you and I used to be you. besides the dying part. I had a smile pasted on my face all through hs. Everyone thought I had it together too. Photo editor of the newspaper, free to roam campus whenever i wanted and leave too. Dream job at the local library, man I had everything. Or so people thought. Little did they know that I just a ball of mania waiting to burst out. I had it together because my mamia allowed me to. Now i look back and think how my hs years might have been better had I asked for helped or someone seen that I was hurting inside. do yourslef a favor, talk to your teachers or school counselor. That's what they're there for. They'll tell you just like me that's there's noting wrong with you, You can't control life or the way life happens. It's mobile like that. everybody at some point or time in their life has wished that they coudld control what happens to them/ their life. but you can't. Hope you find help soon. I'll thinking of you.

Lost_Liger13 replied to jselleck's response:
hey
i know what your going through
and you answered your own questions, your teachers are asking you wahts wrong becuz their worried and they want to help. they are the ones around you that hear your cry for help. you just need to try an accept their help that their trying to give

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.