Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I just want to die
Stacydanay posted:
[TRIGGER] My boyfriend is leaving me and I'm broke.I just want to go to sleep and never have to wake up.Last night I took two handfuls of over the counter sleeping pills but it didn't do the trick.I need more pills or a better plan.I just don't know what to do

miserable_sob responded:
I'm surprised nobody has replied to your post yet. Because I hear your post as best I can. I understand your situation even if no significant other has pulled that on me before. I feel pretty hopeless about helping you because I have no clue where you live around. Even if I did, I'm not the sugar daddy type.

sluwiggey responded:
Check yourself into a mental health facility ASAP. Your life is more precious than gold and killing yourself is not an acceptable response. Life has many troubles we have to work through not opt out of. Be a conqueror and show him your strength in sustanance. This will start by seeking medical help. If he left you there is someone else out there but you have to be OK with Stacy before seeking a friend. Medication can help and psych. care givers will show empathy if you work towards a positive goal. How can you help others well serve the community in some way. The size ot the job is not important it is important to be on a job. If you develop a plan for your life let others fall into it & don't be heart broken if they step out of it. Use your inner power and find a support network. you need to talk with either a counselor or others in general about the dillema through this you will find an answer not death.

Death is an easy out but beware the cost. You don't come back from that journey. It is a permanent damnation not vacation. You need rest and possibly you can find that in a hospital. Don't let the stereo type of a psych ward scare you. It will strengthen you but give it time. SEEK HELP!

Janna56 responded:
STACY - PLEASE HOLD ON!!!

I am not that good on giving advice, but I just logged on here and saw your post and I AM SO SORRY. I understand how you feel, as I have been there not wanting to deal with issues anymorer . I would love to be able to come to you right now and give you a hug and say "shhhhhhhhhh, it's going to be alright", but I can't. I am taking it that you aren't very old? I am 56 and want to be there for you. I divorced 8 years ago , with nothing to basically live on. I was forced to make decisions, changing how I lived, my job, and I found I was stronger than I thought I was. I wouldn't be in here if I was totally happy, but I've realized everyone is here to help each other. There are many people in here that have supported me, and I know I was really down and out one week-end, and someone responded that this is pretty quiet over the week-ends. I know if this was during the week, you would have had many more responses. (I've learned that, by experience). Do you have parents, siblings, friends you could go to? If not PLEASE go to the hospital. I am actually crying for you, as I feel your pain just through what you wrote. You DONT need anymore pills, you need HELP AND SUPPORT. You were put on this earth for a reason Stacy. I know, we all wonder why at times. CALL SOMEONE NOW!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((STACY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) - Janna
And This Too, Shall Pass - - -

An_203450 responded:
Believe it or not there will be a better future. I promise it always happens you come up from depression. You'll see a rainbow. Call your closest mental health center. And keep posting everyone cares about you we all want you to make it thru this time alive.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Stacy, Your life is so precious. Please, take a deep breathe and know you are very cared for.

Please get help, we want you to feel safe, consider calling a crisis line for help. They will talk with you. http://www.webmd.com/help/crisis-resources Know we are thinking of you,
Elizabeth

ripcmw responded:
Stacy
You DO NOT want to harm yourself. You sound young. YOu have your whole life ahead of you. You need to take care of yourself. Things will look brighter. We on this board are here for you and want to help. Please let us into your world and tell us a little about yourself. It will help to talk to someone. If you don't want to, that's okay too, but PLEASE don't harm yourself. You actually do more harm than it's worth. I tried 4 years ago and am still trying to make up the hurt I caused others. Please respond so I know you are alright. HUGS
One Day At A Time Where There is a Will, There is a Way

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.