Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

i so mch wanna leave this world
just25 posted:
[TRIGGER] pls somebody help me getting rid of this life!!

bucham responded:
I feel the same way. I can't take this life anymore. Can you tell me what's wrong? I don't have any family or friends, I never did, I can't find a job, I am lucky to have a husband and son but his never around. I have to do things by myself all the time and at the point where I don't get out of bed. My son wants to be with his father. I hate living like this. I wish I knew what I did to deserve this. If I can find a job it would help. Applied for over 20 and having no luck at all as usual. All I do is think about how I'm going to end this. Nothing ever changes no matter how hard you try.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Just25,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I have read some of your other posts and impressed with your writing. You are very talented. Do you feel it is therapeutic to write and organize your feelings?

Also, it may be helpful to talk with someone, please call a professional, this Crisis Resource will provide you with phone numbers.

Please let us know how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to bucham's response:
Dear Bucham,

I am sorry you are feeling so bad right now, please know you are not alone in feeling as you do.

Talking with a professional is helpful in sorting out your feelings and putting a plan together to feel better. Are you taking any medications for depression?

Are you able to schedule some family time together, plan an outing or a dinner out? Does your family know how you feel?

This economy is tough, while trying to find a job are there any volunteer organizations you would be interested in helping out?

Things can change, it is not at all easy, but with help you can feel better.

If you need help keeping yourself safe, please call a crisis line.

Let us know how you are doing,
Elizabeth

coolmona responded:
Dear just25, don't leave us. I may not have every answer, but I do know that you are here on this planet for a reason. What is that reason? It will come...just keep getting out of bed, putting one foot in front of the other. I hope you will soon realize that there are people you have never even met who love and support you. DON'T GIVE UP! Do you have a pet? Do you think you could take care of one? Having a dog and knowing that it depended totally on me helped give me a reason to get up and get moving. I am blogging on my life...the struggle to remain upright in a 'downhill' world. Maybe you would get something out of it...coolmona.com. Sending a lot of really loving vibes your way, my friend!

Cool Mona

runamok76 responded:
I know how you feel, I feel the same way alot. Especially after something has not gone my way. Do something you enjoy, talk to your therapist, try something new, you never know might work.

just25 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dear Eliabeth,
Thanks a lot for writing back. I actually stopped taking my depression medication recently and may be thats one reason why I am getting all these thoughts again, but yes you are right, actually writing makes me feel better, I used to write about pretty good things but now its not that way so thats why maybe I sometimes try not to.
I actually at one time realized that all these thought of ending my life are because of depression and I need to get away for that moment but I am just afraid that since I am not taking my meds these days and those thoughts are back so not sure whats gonna happen.
But thanks again for writing, I hope you understand, it really makes me feel better but then again I go into that shell where I just try and avoid everything and just get calm and then the thoughts come or some ppl who do not understand this situation say something so insulting that you jst wanna get out of the world at that pt of time.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.