Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

In Crisis on the Weekend?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
A message board such as this one is not 'live' in real time, so there may be delays in others reading or responding. This is especially true on the weekends. If you are in crisis and need help keeping yourself safe — whether on a weekend or during the week — please be sure to contact a crisis line , call 911, or your doctor or therapist. While you can find wonderful support here, it may not be immediate, nor can it always be the intervention you need.

To all of our members, our weekend coverage is not as regular as it is during the week. If you see a crisis post which needs our attention — either by adding a 'trigger' warning or needing crisis intervention — please don't hesitate to use the Report This option beneath the post, choose 'Other' from the menu and explain why you feel our attention is needed.

That report goes to our weekend moderator who will look in as soon as possible.

Thank you,

The WebMD Community Management

zallie25 responded:
Hi Caprice,
I'm not in crisis mode at the moment, but have been having a bad few yrs with my depression....I've been on all types of meds & even tried ECT. Having a rough road with finding what works for me....I went to see my pdoc today he is starting me on a new med (an MAOI patch) went to fill it...pharmacy didn't have it...probably Monday. I am just beside myself, I can't stand myself, I'm not sleeping much and what I do sleep isn't solid sleep. I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, like I will NEVER be free of depression, I am so sad & cry all the time.
I just wish I didn't exist! I feel like I have no purpose on this earth! Sorry, I just needed to vent a bit, I am crying my eyes out and don't really know why....I try to get out and do things, I go for walks & taking a computer class....I feel no better for doing these things. I JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER, smile again and mean it! Well I've rambled enough! Thanks for being here

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to zallie25's response:
Hi Zallie,

It's a couple of days later now and I hope you're back on your medication now and that you finally got at least some sleep. ((((hugs))))

I also hope that writing here helped a bit. I hope you'll also start your own discussion on the board to talk with others.

(To do that, hold your cursor over the orange Post Now button and choose 'Discussion' from the drop down menu which appears. Fill in the subject line and body of the message - you can ignore the poll part if you want - and Submit. )

An_243218 responded:
I am having a hard day today. I accidentally left my medicine at ghome when I went somewhere this past week. I have been off a couple days now. I feel like crap not only the flu like symptoms, but also feel like crying and dizzy. Kinda scary actually. I am honestly just beyond stressed right now taking cre of a client and just coping. I did tell my doctor that I had accidentally left it. Oh well. Thanks for crisis suggestion

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to An_243218's response:
Hiya,

I hope you are having a better few days now and are reunited with your meds! Please don't forget times like these you can call your doc or pharmacist and they might be able to help you with meds until you get home and back with the meds. Don't sweat it out next time you don't have your meds. Call your doc or get to a pharmacist. Here is a list of Crisis Assistant Numbers should you need them ever. Please keep them near.
Hope that helps!
Chrissy~

When the world says, Give up,
Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
~Author Unknown

dwashvp responded:
it never seems as though anyone responds to me, i post things that i need help in and i never get feedback

jaws86 replied to dwashvp's response:
dwashvp, Have you been able to get the help you needed? On the W/E it can be slow and holidays- This is a large group and I apologize to you for not getting any feedback, we have so many diverse diagnoses and personalities. What has been going on?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to dwashvp's response:
Hi dwashvp -

I see your other recent post, please know we are here to lend support. As jaws said, the weekends can be a little slow, I'm glad you reached out.

Elizabeth

Demons2011 replied to dwashvp's response:
Sorry Dwashvp - I haven't seen any of your other posts. Of course, I'm not on all the time, work, sleep, hiding in my cave. Feel free to post any time, will look for you.

PeteBuck replied to zallie25's response:
Zallie25 you kind of sound like you are in crisis mode of sorts
Coming from a family where 5/7 of us are on antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs or both, I know where you are. I had six months of what I hear you saying as I had to leave the business I built over seven years and watch it get butchered by my partner and legal S**t following that, leaving what was supposed to set up me for life result in a money pit. I didn't have the power to intervene properly. Your conversations is not "rambling." you are communicating with others about where you are for input"026 so its constructive. And you are getting feedback.

Everyone on this site has been in you shoes or something close at one point or another. Some of us dip and come up for air. When you are in it, you can't see a way out of it.. its part of how it works. This doest mean there is not way out of it, there are lots of ways, but you just can't see it because of the disease. I know how it can feel to watch a great movie, or spend a nigh tout with friends and feel like curling up in a ball there on the spot in despair and angst.

Does your doctor really know you and understand you? Or is it simply a "throw a dart at a board" method of trying to find a medical solution for you? How are you life circumstances with regards to a partner, finance and job? Be real. Do you track you moods in anyway? When is the last time you felt 5 better on a scale between 1-10(bliss)?

Let me know.

PB

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.