Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Includes Expert Content
Varying moods during the day?
RandallB80 posted:
Can anyone tell me why I have varying moods throughout my day?
Mornings aren't real bad, if I actually get up and get going. Afternoons sometimes seem endless until I eat, then mood increases (to good) and then evening seem like there has never been anything wrong with me in my life.
HOWEVER ... I still can't get motivated to get up most days and I am a terrible parent to my children (because I can't get going).

Help?
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!

lexismom11 responded:
I think the ups and downs are all part of having depression. Is that what your diagnosis is? I feel the same way alot. I will be fine for parts of the day and other parts I will be a horrible mess. Motivation is also a problem for me. I have no motivation to do anything.

Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
could be a depression. take a checklist on webMD somewhere and consider asking your doctor. you could also have something called hypersomnia- fancy word for too tired in the morning- this can be caused by depression, sleep apnea, thyroid problems...also can just happen. We do have medication treatments for these too. see your doc!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.