Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression
Brookie31 posted:
I have been through so much in my life and passed up many opportunities. I am living check to check and that is still not working. I just got a roommate and still trying to catch up. I had this life once with my boyfriend for 10 years and he left me. My parents died at 13 so i have no one to help me. I am trying to get a second job but nothing is working. I graduated collage but only with 2.0 gpa and dont know if any grad school will take me. Does anyone know if any online schools will take me with such a low gpa.... I need to find meaning in my life. I have no kids no family no new man...I work for a ok job with benefits but i am so much with bills i want to give up on it all... I really need someone to talk to..... Help in Delaware

lexismom11 responded:
The only way to know for sure if a graduate school is going to take you is if you apply or talk to someone in admissions. Don't be discouraged if the first one or two don't take you because I believe there is a school that will take you. Good luck and I hope you find a good school to go to.

Mrs_LY responded:
Hey there,

Sorry things are so hard for you right now. How old are you and what kind of degree do you have?

Here's an idea--and I can say it comes from personal experience--think about doing some kind of volunteer work. Maybe tutor/mentor kids, do something for old folks, or (my fav) see if there's a Habitat for Humanity house project in your area and participate. It will really help with the Life meaning thing, and a plus is you will meet new people, and possible get some physical exercise with helps too. I tend to pull in when I am depressed. I've found that is not the best idea. It really helps me to step out of myself and help others.

I am sure you can find some kind of online grad school but before you do that, do you know what you want to do? Being a perpetual student isn't such a fun thing.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.