Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I need help.. badly..
SleepyKittenz posted:
Dose anyone have any advice for teens in deep depression..? I'm desperate right now Im very suicidal..
lexismom11 responded:
Are you currently seeing a doctor or therapist? If not that is what you want to do as soon as possible.

Because you are a teenager, I'm assuming you are under 18 and in that case, I suggest you go to one of your parents. Hopefully they will understand and take you to see a doctor. If you need help right now try calling a crisis line or talking to your parents. There is a link on this page on the left side that says "Crisis Assistance". At least then you will be able to talk to someone about what is going on right now.
SleepyKittenz replied to lexismom11's response:
Can't if I tell my parents what's wrong with me they'll think I'm a freak too..
lexismom11 replied to SleepyKittenz's response:
I know it is scary to talk to your parents about something like this. Are you sure they would think this of you or do you think it is the fear of them knowing what's wrong? I also wonder if they already think something is wrong and are just not saying anything. I know if my daughter were to tell me something like this, I would not think any less of her and I would not think she is a freak. I would want to get her help so she would feel better.

Please give your parents a chance to help you. Maybe try writing them a note instead of talking to them face-to-face. This might be easier.
SleepyKittenz replied to lexismom11's response:
The reason I'm depressed is because they dunno about my sexuality and if they do they'll see me differently.. And another because my mom dosent understand me period.. It's so bad sometimes I just wished I killed her then myself..

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Mental Health Problems
Mental Health problems can bang anyone at anytime.The access of a ambit of mental disorders and mental health related problems will about ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.