Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Stuck in the black hole
tabbow posted:
As I've said in a couple of my other posts, I'm in the middle of a severe depression coupled with terrible anxiety syptoms. My doctor has changed my meds and I'm trying to work "the treatment plan". Its Sunday morning and its raining. I was supposed to take my son to a friends for swimming (wihich in itself was a big task, since doing things like that increase my anxiety). Of course we can't go and now I'm walking around the house, moving from place to place hoping the day would just end and I could go back to sleep - which at this time is really the only relief I get. I tried cleaing the basement and I just don't have the energy. I keep finding myself either sitting on this little bench I have in the kitchen or on line reading other people's posts. I have to say it or it just runs circles in my head. I want so much to get better or to just die and let it end.

lexismom11 responded:
I can understand where you are coming from because I am in the middle of a severe depression as well. I also had medications changed, but it is helping. Nothing was working before so I am starting to feel better. Hopefully your medication change will have a positive effect on you.

I know what it feels like not to have the strength or energy to do anything because I go through the same thing. I just hope you can find some strength when you look at your son. Try to find some positive things to do to keep your self busy. The busier you are, the faster your day will go. Hopfully your whole day will not be a washout with rain.

mannedcat responded:
I guess from time to time we that suffer depression and anxiety feel the same way. I call it being stuck, but it also fits to call it a black hole as they both leave you to feel as if you are in limbo!! And I try to keep myself busy during the day time to make it pass, but can never stay on task. I've done the med changes over the past 10 years (first 5 yrs went well) but now I setttle for the relief I get, as some is better than none. Hope you are feeling better.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.